1/06/2006

SPIN THIS!

"I swear... I really don't know HOW I get myself into the situations that I do..."

I had that very thought as I was sitting in the Grand Salon A of the Doubletree Holtel in Tulsa, waiting my turn to play a round of Wheel of Fortune. Thats right folks, I said Wheel of Fortune. You may remember recently in my blog how I went to audition for WOF in Tulsa? Well, I got an email right before Christmas saying that I was selected to come to the final auditions on Wednesday, Jan 4th. Well, I went and survived every elimination! They even had us take a written test of the puzzles and I really felt like they would eliminate me then but they didnt! I played several games, had a great time and got a Wheel of Fortune "Spin This" hat to show for it! They told us IF we receive a letter in the mail (not email) within the next two weeks then we have been selected for the show, if not - then good luck next time.

Oh, I also want to give a shout out to LISA QUALLS, who is another bloggee in the blogispere that was at the auditions. She remembered me from the first set of auditions and left me a comment on my blog and LO AND BEHOLD - I rode in on the elevator with her and we realized that we knew each other. SMALL WORLD!
Girl, I dont know HOW they could not have chosen you to stay! It was a bummer when you had to leave! I missed ya after that.

I don't know HOW I get myself into things but I am so glad I did this time. Wouldnt it be cool? Joy on National TV playing the Wheel? BIG MONEY, BIG MONEY!

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

That sounds like so much fun! I hope you make it. Now I want to go audition!!! Let us know if you make it or not.

Lisa said...

Girl! I am just tickled pink that one of us got in. Yes, I was disappointed, but it's just another thing to tell my shrink how I'm going to have a melt-down because of Wheel of Fortune. Just kidding! I crack myself up! Don't be a stranger sweetie! If you're ever in town, or if I venture out to the big OKC we will have to go out! Oh yeah! 1/2 nekkid Thursday, Friday, Saturday..... here I come! hahahaha
Lisa