1/20/2006

Introducing the 2006 Oklahoma Pilot's Association President BILL PAPPADOPOULOS


MY DADDY!

I am so proud of my Dad. He was nominated and voted in as the President of the Oklahoma Pilot's Association last night. Dad has been a pilot for... well, I don't know - - forever as far as I am concerned! As a little boy in Athens, Greece, he would see the German airplanes flying overhead and wish he knew how to fly (even if those planes were dropping bombs). It was many years before he finally learned to fly. He kept it a seceret from me that he was taking lessons. I was a young teenager when he took me out to Sundance Airpark to see a buddy of his and said to his friend " Hey you think I could fly this?" His buddy said "Sure Bill" and off Daddy went in the plane. I was freaking out! I kept telling this friend of his "YOU are CRAZY! He does not know how to fly!" My Dad took off circled the airport and landed. Needless to say - my jaw was on the floor! When he got out out the plane, silly Joy said "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?" I still had not figured out that he had taken lessons - - a bit of the "invinceable Daddy" notion that I had left over from childhood, I guess. I was so proud and so surprised that he had received his pilots license. That was a great day. Now, alllllll these years later, he is very involved in the piloting community of Oklahoma City, and as of last night is now the President of the Association.

As an aside, every time any of the grandchildren see an airplane, be it a Cessna or a Boeing 747, they yell, PAPOU'S AIRPLANE, PAPOU'S AIRPLANE! It's always been so cute.

YeaAAAH Daddy! You are going to be a great President this year! I am really proud of you and I love you so much!


Joygirl

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

That's great Joy. I'm a daddy's girl too :)