1/16/2006

My eldest - Rikki Joy Lynn



My darling "Red" - - She means so much to me. I was so scared of her - - having a teenager and all that it implies. She is such a joy to have around. The sunny spot in our days. Her laugh is infectious.It is a full throated belly laugh and you cant help but smile when she starts up! Shes charming, witty and soooo stinking funny. Kids her age don't "get" her dry sense of humor but adults typically bowl over laughing.

Her curly red hair is to die for - - but like every woman, she wants what she does not have. Straight hair. I l ove her hair. It defines her - - and one day she will love it too. The man that falls in love with her will say it was her hair that caught his eye.

She is turning into such a young lady. I get this overwhelming sense of pride sitting in church looking over at her sitting with the youth group. She is always the best dressed, sitting up straight like I've taught her - -looking almost regal. She doesnt look like she fits the other kids - sloched over ahir in their face looking dumpy and tom-boyish. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I have to remind her to sit up straight, or keep her knees together and ankles crossed, but hey, shes 14 - and trust me, you would not believe the transformation she have undergone since she came into our life. She is a beautiful young lady.

My girl has the biggest heart - she is so sensitive to the plights of others that she sometimes overlooks her own. She is considerate - a rarity with teenagers. She loves her sisters so much, and she loves her parents and looks up to us and actually wants to spend time with us... I wonder how long that will last? She has this amazing faith and resilience. She can bounce back from anything. I truly love & admire that about her.

RIKKI JOY LYNN KETCH.


God, what would I ever do without her? What did we do before she came bouncing into our life?

2 comments:

NeverEnough said...

That's beautiful Joy - you're a kick-ass mother and your daughters are so, so lucky to have you as theirs.

mom23 said...

Joy, you must be such an incredible mom. This post was so touching, it brought a tear to my eye! Thank you for letting me get a taste of your incredible and blessed life through your blog.

Tracy