1/27/2006

Anatomy of a great Friday night


Do you ever have one of nights - - you know, where everything falls into place and it just seems perfect? Tonight was one of those nights.

Monty asked me out on a date! I figured on the typical dinner at a casual eatery like Chili's and a movie. Oh no, he took me to Cattlemens. Those of you that live in the OKC area know of Cattlemens. Old steakhouse in Stockyard City, the best steaks, local legendary resturant from way back in the 40's. Very rarely do we go there, mainly because the wait is forever long. We get there and they tell us our wait would be 15 minutes.

"WHAT?" he says,
"Dude, don't tempt fate" - - and off we went to the bar to wait. Half a beer later we were seated and had a faboo dinner. I am such the carnivore - - I could never be vegan unfortunately.

So after dinner we walk out and it was raining! YES, after 575 years of drought and flippin' fires it finally rained. I love rainy nights.

We spent the rest of the night just hanging out with each other. Sometimes you can feel like you are married to a stranger. I mean, you get so busy with jobs, kids, household, etc. that you don't have time to just chill with each other - talk (about something other than the above listed laundry list of crapola) and be a couple. I love this guy - - he's so much fun to be around. I love that I married him...

More highlights:
-------------------------------------

* Went to Barnes and Noble and looked around. Flirted with each other between isles. Made out in the self-improvement section.

* Sat in the coffee shop right by the window as it rained and asked each other silly questions from one of those question books.

* Shared a decadent piece of cherry cheesecake - - sin on a platter.

* Laughed and talked while driving across town like 2 people that are not married with 4 kids, mortgage and bills, but a couple in love.

* Came home and wrapped up in the big, white down comforter to "warm up"

You know, the rest just in not any of your business now that I think about it...

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

That's so beautiful Joy - I'm completely jealous.