4/30/2006

Not at the DINNER TABLE!!!

So today my in-laws came over for lunch - - a really impromptu thing - since my father-in-law and I have been at odds a bit lately. The brought ribs and brisket and an Italian Creme cake, so Joygirl was not going to complain. All in all it was going well. While we were eating, my MIL noticed a bracelet that my daughter Amber was wearing. She explained that it was mine but that she had one just like it in another color and that we had gotten them as stocking stuffers.

In jumps Darling Rikki, my 14 year old.

"Yeah, I got one too - - along with some makeup brushes, and earrings

and... oh and

BIG HAIRY BALLS..."

Imagine the stunned silence that surrounded the dinner table at that moment. My in-laws looked as if they were about to fall over. I just KNOW that they are thinking that my girls learn this kind of stuff from me because "their baby" would never teach his daughter to talk like that.

I broke the quiet - -

"Rik, dont EVER say that at the dinner table - - or anywhere for that matter!

"Say what Mom?"

in shushed tones "big hairy balls".

"But Momma, that's what we got!"

At this point my FIL is laughing, my MIL snorting...

and I am red as a tomato... Ahhhh children. What a way to break the tention at the dinner table today.
_____________________________________________

So I know, I know. You are wondering "What was she talking about??"
Get your minds out of the gutter and look below!! ;)

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

I just love the in-laws!!! It's always a fun time. Oh and my son loves these "big hairy balls" too.