4/24/2006

I gotta go - - We have cows... ("Twister" reference)


I am sitting here with my husband and Daddy watching the favorite sport of the state of Oklahoma every spring.
We call it
TORNADO WATCH/WARNING
The media has literally made a sport out of it here. The ever famous Gary England of KWTV Channel 9 is the best showstopper. He's the weather gut that you see in the movie Twister. He is the best weatherman in the state and he is a legend. Anyhoo, he's got his storm chasers going after tornados tonight. Val and Mason are my favorite stormchasers. The get the most excited...
Channel 9 just bought a new high falutin' helicopter and camera and we have been watching amazing footage. My poor Dad - - it was so painful for him as we watched a tornado head straight for the brand new hangers at El Reno Airport. It tore it apart and plane are shredded. I bet I know what his next presidents article will be about for the Oklahoma Pilots Association.
Hey I've got a great idea for a drinking game here in Oklahoma. Every time Gary England says "Hook Echo" you have to take a shot... Whaddaya think??

Whooooo Hoooo - it's gettin' excitin' tonayt her in Oklahoma.

This ladies and gentlemen is about as redneck as I can get for you...

Gotta go - I'm missing the show!

4 comments:

fyrchk said...

I remember when I was a kid and we lived in Kansas. Tornado drills were the coolest things. Then when I got a little older we moved to California and had earthquake drills. Amazingly, they are a lot alike.

BlondeBlogger said...

So cool! I wish I lived there!

You must live near Chase: http://www.tastetheworld.org

NeverEnough said...

Awesome - I'd have loved to had seen that. Have you ever seen the aftermath of one??

hotdrwife said...

Oy.

I've been in those - a lot. My girlfriend's house was dozed in one in '92.

I'm so freaking scared of those things!! And I grew up with them ... you'd think I'd be used to them by now!