4/05/2006

Mawwage...

Mawwage is wat bwings us togedder today..."Waav... twue waav..."

Sorry guys... I just had to quote one of my favorite movies, The Princess Bride -

Monty and I got back from our weekend all giddy & lovey-dovey. (this is where you start to gag)

Well, we got home to reality again.

Apparently ANTS have decided to take up residence with us. I HATE ants. My younger daughters are horrified by this statement because they have this "disney-fied" idea of everything. No kids, this is not "A Bugs Life" we're runnung here.

I am grossed out. My baby, Jin, decided to try to win me over. She brought one to me on her hand and said "see Mom? This is a nice ant" AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Monty could not do anything last night when he got home until the entire inside and out of the house was sprayed.

We have a mysterious leak in our daughters bathroom. It is so strange...out in the middle of the floor, and my big brother is going to have to help us with this one...

Our ceiling leaked in our master bathroom while we were gone. A large peel of popcorn ceiling greeted us when we came home... I hate popcorn ceilings.

AAAND, Ben Franklin screwed me up with his silly Daylight savings time. Jin wakes me up every couple hours - - why? I dont know. But that, coupled with losing an hour makes Joygirl a very cranky girl.

This is a small sampling of what we have been dealing with.

The thing that has kept all of this in perspective is my marriage.

Yeah, this weekend was awesome. We had so much fun - - we met some really cool people, made some new friends, and got to reconnect this weekend. But then we came home to near disasters coming from every corner. Reality...

Monday was all about coping. by last night however, we were spent. We decided to put all the kids to bed 30 minutes early and watch a movie together. We had rented a movie called "The Story of Us" with Bruce Willis and Michelle Pfeiffer. We sat down to watch it and because of this movie got to reconnect again in the most simplistic way.



That movie will make you laugh, cry and relate so easily if you are married. Some of the arguments they had were almost verbatim to what Monty and I have fought about. The characters go through this time when they evaluate their life together and come to major realizations about who they are and how they are together and realize that they have invested so much into their life that it was foolish to give that up. It happens in such a realistic way. By the end of the movie we were both crying. After the movie was over we just sat there and told each other how incredible it is to be married to each other - - and how lucky we are - -how hard we will always work for us, through it all - - to continue to create the story of us.


3 comments:

BlondeBlogger said...

I feel like I'm invading a very sweet, personal moment, lol. What a comment...wow!

Anyway, I just added "The Story of Us" to my Blockbuster Online Queue!

NeverEnough said...

That's great! I need to watch that movie now...

mom23 said...

Great movie. Its a keeper.

Great Comment. He's a keeper, Joy! But you already knew that. ;)