4/12/2006

American Idol Ga-ga


I was so excited to see AI last night - - mainly because they were singing the songs of one of my all time favorite bands - Queen. I grew up on Queen. I remember singing Bicycle while riding my bike with the training wheels still attached. My brothers and I used to love to sing Flash Gordon and act it out, LOL. And my Mom and I would sing The Show Must Go On. I won't go on though...

That's not what this post is about though. This post is about how utterly disappointed I am in the AI judges and a few of the singers last night.

Here I go down the list...

Bucky - Fat Bottom Girls - I COULD NOT believe that he say this. And in his intro he actually said "Cause everyone loves to see fat bottom girls" OMG, I was cracking up.
He actually did it okay though! Don't get me wrong - - I am on the "Vote Bucky off" bandwagon, but he did okay - - kind of made it a southern rock sound - -it was ok! My 6 year old, Sara, was rocking to it - - it's her fave Queen song, lol.

Ace - We Will Rock You - Again, Sara was jamming - literally singing at the top of her lungs until hubby told her to hush.
I have to say I felt sorry for Ace... The way Brian May just shut him down when Ace was trying to get him to change the way he played his music...Priceless - - and Oh so uncomfortable to watch! Dear, sweet Ace. God he's pretty, but he's starting to annoy - - seriously annoy. His voice was not near tough enough for this song - - oh and he just had to throw in his falsetto - - on we will rock you??? No. I was waiting on him to start rubbing his scar again...

Kelly - Bohemian Rapsody - ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH! This girl MUST be "servicing" the judges somehow... Did ANY of the judges hear her SING?????? She literally butchered the song. God she grossed me out from beginning to end! She sharp, she was flat, she ran out of breath - - must I go on? She can barely carry a tune - - shes doing well off her looks alone - and obviously not her brains - they're not there. I CANNOT believe they had nothing negative to say... I am SO disappointed in Simon. Can you tell I am getting a little miffed about her? LOLOL

Chris - Innuendo - I was worried about this song because it is so unknown. But you know what?
IT'S ALL CHRIS.
Dang that boy is good.

Katherine - Who wants to live forever - Stunning - she kept giving me chills. She was a little throaty belting the song out, but she was awesome. And the lighting?? Phenomenal. I swear, AI has gotton so much better in their production quality.

Elliot - Somebody to Love - great voice, great song. Had to close my eyes again. I can't look at him.

Taylor - Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Simon was hilarous on this "Taylor, are you drunk?" It was a mess... and I swear - when he dances it's like a full on body
spasm.

Paris - The Show Must Go On - Gave me chills. Possibly the best Miss Paris has done.

Overall? Katherine and Chris -

Who should Go? KELLY, but since that won't happen... BUCKY.

(Can I also just say that I LOVED watching my 6 year old Jam to Queen last night??)


Oh, want to hear a rip of The Tem Commandments that played on ABC on Monday and Tuesday nights? Go see my husband. Just click on The Hot Husband over at my blogroll on the right. Go see all my other friends while you are there!

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

I wish I had seen this last night! I love half those songs. And yes, I have to admit that I like Queen too. Is this showing our age or what?