2/20/2006

SNOW DAY BLOWS!


***UPDATE***
THE HOUSE IS SPOTLESS, THE BAGS ARE PACKED AND DINNER IS COOKING. MOMMA IS PRAYING FOR SCHOOL TO BE BACK IN TOMORROW THOUGH...

Do you remember the night before a snow day when we were kids? We would get to stay up until the 10 pm news and watch the little ticker at the bottom of the screen to see if our mean ole Principle closed school.
No do you remember how excited we were when your school was on the list of closings?
I remember jumping around and doing a little happy dance. I remember my Mom, on the other hand, groaning and rolling her eyes.

Forward to today, I stumble out of my bedroom - - head straight to the microwave where Monty has put my tea, and turn around to see my cheeky little newbie teenager staring at me. My eyes proceed to pop out of my head. My mind was reeling - - I was thinking "oooh she missed the bus, her Dad'll kill her now!" She saw the eye popping action and proceeds to quickly tell me that school is closed today because of the ice before I go to screaming... No school - - snow day. Parents, take a moment to let the full meaning of this statement sink in. No school - - snow day.

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? It's not bad outside! Freaking Wussies at the school! Why - - when I was in school it had to be terrible - - no electricity and no heat bad, for the school to close down. Don't believe me? Ask Ali at http://www.alisblog1.blogspot.com or Tracy at http://tracyfreeman.blogspot.com . We all went to school together. They can comiserate with me. Things were different back then. (Does this sound familier? Do you remember your parents sayign hte SAME things?)
Okay, okay, enough grinching about snow day.


Here is the great part. I assume that my children think that since they did not have to go to school today that they will get to sit around and do nothing but make a mess of the house...

Muaaaa aaahh ahhh ahhhha ahhhh... (evil laugh)

We are going to have a shiny house today!!!

Let the cleaning BEGIN!!!

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

I'll say a little prayer for you :)