10/21/2005

My little baby girl is 6 today.



Well, it's happening. Life is in fast forward. I can't stand it.

Sara turns 6 today.

My husband and I got her favorite breakfast food - doughnuts this morning and stuck a candle in one and walked into her bedroom singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. When we were finished, instead of blowing out the candle, scarfing the doughnut and licking her sticky fingers she looked at us and smiled the sweetest smile and said "thank you Daddy, thank you Mommy".

This child is incredible. This child is exquisite. I am so proud that she is MINE.

I looked at this shining little face in the glow of her birthday candle and could not see a trace of the chubby little 3 year old that she was oh - - yesterday... now she is this young lady - a SIX year old... with the vocabulary of a 25 year old! Next week Monty will be walking her down the isle on her wedding day. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN??

Monty said "WOW Sara, you are getting so big - soon you'll be shaving your legs... plucking your eyebrows... " (jokingly) and without missing a beat Sara chimed in "yeah, and putting on my own makeup..."

Yes, my baby is no longer a baby. She is an awesome little young lady.


Tuesday, the 25th is the day Jinny turns 3. THREE people!!!

This picture on the left is from 2 years ago.The one on hte right was taken at the end of September. Look at my babies... they are growing too fast.

Somebody help me cope...

2 comments:

Some Pretty Sky said...

Join the club of mothers who are realizing their children are no longer children their actually little people! LOLOLOLOL
Oh and, you forgot to say walking down the asile with Ethan.....Oh Gawd, you know what I just realized? SARA RUDNICKI.......blech! Poor girl! LOL

NeverEnough said...

That's so sweet Joy! My son just turned 6 too and it's just amazing how much older they seem than when we were little. Scary too!