10/15/2005

HERE IT COMES...


IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR...
It is about here, the time of year when Monty and I begin to sing this corny song all the time. It just makes us freakin' giddy!

I love the changing of the seasons.
Hot apple cider.
Pumpkin patches with my kids.
Leaves changing.
Cool air filling your lungs.
My daughter's birthday's
Cuddling under a soft blanket with my husband to watch movies.
The "fall smell" that fills your nose when you step outside.
The anticipation of Thanksgiving feasts.
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
The bringing out of the boxes of holiday ornaments, snowmen and other decorations.
Hearing my husband invent new curse words as he hangs Christmas Lights. (its really fun)
The anticipation of snow, even if it only lasts 1 day.
Fuzzy sweaters.
Cuddly cats.
Hot cocoa.
Grey days.
The 24/7 Christmas carols on the radio.
The warm fuzzy feeling.
Football, even though I am not a huge fan - I just like to have it playing in the background, sort of a soundtrack to the season.
Friends.
Family.
Baking cookies and pies.
Giving presents.
MY BIRTHDAY (Dec. 18th by the way)
My husbands paid 2 weeks of from the college - he's all mine for 2 whole weeks.
Christmas eve candlelight services at church with family.
Christmas morning with my babies and sweet husband.
Our large Greek feast we prepare for my extended family Christmas
New Years Eve.
Champagne.
The Rose Parade on New Years Day.

2 comments:

Some Pretty Sky said...

GAAAAWD JOY! You totally forgot the top FIVE most popular reasons for loving the holiday season!
1. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation !
2. Miracle on 34th Street !
3. White Christmas !
4. A Christmas Carol
and last but NOT least creme'la creme'(or whatever),
Its A Wonderful Life! Sheesh! LOL
I'm all excited too!

Joygirl1 said...

yes - I love the fights...LOL. I especially the heaping helping of guilt from the in-laws, and hte subtle "You guys do whatever you want to do, just be here at 12:00" from my mother in law.

Festivus anyone?????