5/09/2006

American Idol's Elvis Fest

So tonight was Elvis night on AI. Tommy Mattola was "helping" the singers and they all sang Elvis songs.

Blech.

I do like Elvis - but a whole night? Anyhoo, I'm worried about tonight.

Here's my rundown...

TAYLOR
Jailhouse Rock - Eeeehhh. Somebody please explain what that half walk, half crawl, crouched over thing he does? Please? It's driving me crazy. I agree with Simon - Karaoke with a capitol K.

In the Ghetto - B-O-R-I-N-G. I was so sleepy!
Here's what I think - for whatever it's worth. Taylor is a good singer, he has a commanding onstage presence (even if it is a really wierd one) and people really like him - HOWEVER - I just don't see him as a huge star - more like a Branson star. And trust me I know those after spending a summer singing in Branson. They are a dime a dozen - - all very good singers in their own right but not stand out stars.

And thats all I have to say about that.

CHRIS
Suspicious Minds - I know you all think that I am sooo partial to Chris (I am) and that I think he will win the show (He'd better)and all, but I do have some criticism about tonight. His first song was not that great - no WOW factor. LUUUVED the sunglasses though - - he took them off and sang to me. LOL
A Little Less Conversation - Loved it. I thought he took a risk singing a hard song. It seriously takes a good singer to sing that much in such a short amount of time. He pulled it off Wellllllll.

Elliot
If I Can Dream - Is it me, or are Elliot's songs starting to sound more and more the same every week. It's the same every week with me - - that boy can SING. I just can't stand to look at his funky mouth. VENEERS Elliot darling.
Misery - Did really well. Really, Really well.

Kat
Hound Dog - At first I though "bad mistake" but then she pulled it off. Oh wait, halfway through the song she messed up her words. OOps. I personally thing that the real show of showmanship is covering you mistakes - - we all have them. She had hers in the spotlight and covered nicely. I am worried though. I don't know that she was strong enough.
Can't Help Falling In Love - Beautiful. Simon was wrong. The natural swell of the song calls for drama - otherwise, you are just another lounge singer or singer on Cruise Ship singing Can't Help Falling In Love... again. Still - - not hte best for Katherine. Im reaaaaaaallllly worried guys.

So what do I think?

I'm not really sure. If it was up to me? Taylor and Katherine in the bottom two with Taylor finally going home.

However, that goofy sucker has such a following - - "the soul patrol" I think he calls it?

I hope Katherine doesnt get screwed. She had a rough night - - the only girl in the top 4 and having to sing Elvis. Geez. Of course, Elliot could be the big surprise and go home tomorrow.

Alright guys - I'm going to bed.


I still think it SHOULD be Chris and Kat in the finale with Chris winning it all.



No comments: