9/02/2005

Dang it, I've been tagged

Alright already! Here we go now...

10 years agoSeptember 1995, 18 years old, one year out of highschool and I was living with my boyfriend Dusty in an apartment in north Tulsa. This was the month we broke up and I moved to Oklahoma City. It was a time of extreme change for a girl who HATES and FEARS change. My heart was broken.

5 years agoSeptember of 2000, Working in education with a whole lot of self-important people. I was also working on my college degree. My husband and I were trying to get pregnant... again.

1 year agoSeptember 2004, Working at the hardest job of my life - - motherhood. I was a stay at home mom to 4 daughters and I was celebrating the start of school! September was the last full month that I had with my Mom before she died in October. Momma and I were planning our fall flowers to plant and already talking about Sara and Jin's birthday parties in October and making plans for Thanksgiving. God, I miss her.

Yesterday September 1, Had a terrible day. Slept in - woke up still exhausted, had a feeling that things were not going to be kosher with the kids. Got one of those calls that you LOOOOOVE to get from your kids principle - and she told me that Amber skipped 3rd hour. The rest of the day was spent dealing with my crazy daughter. We also had Amber and Rikki's open house at school. I was so proud of my Rikki Joy Lynn.

5 snacks I enjoy – Cheddar Chese and triscuits, Braunsweiger and club crackers, ice cream, green apples, fresh baby carrots and broccoli and veggie dip. As an aside, can I just say that sweet Iced Tea should be a food group? Thanks...

5 songs I know all the words to – I am a singer, I know the words to thousands of songs. These are the songs that either my kids make me listen to constantly, or I have heard recently and gotten stuck in my head; Kiss (Prince), Bicycle (Queen), Father Figure (George Michael), Take a look at me now (Phil Collins), the B.C. Clarks Jewelry theme song. Am I stuck in the 80's right now or WHAT?

5 things I would do with $100 million dollars – Start a charity for foster parents and foster children. Buy a 5 bedroom house- pay cash. Repay my parents and in-laws for years of loans, pay off their homes and cars as well. Pay off all of my bills! Set up a trust for my children and my neices and nefews as well as my cousins young children. Invest the rest for my golden years. Is htat more than 5? well, deal with it!

5 Places I would run away to – Greece, Scotland, New Zealand, Bora Bora, DISNEY WORLD! LOL

5 things I would never wear – Camoflauge (HAVE WE NOT DISCUSSED THIS?!), tube tops, hot pants, stirrup pants, bikini - that's more for the general public rather than myself. LOL

5 Favorite TV Shows24 baby! I am counting the second till I get my Jack back, CSI, Will and Grace - I am a closet fan, Young and the Restless, Bold and the Beautiful.

5 Biggest Joys – Waking my baby in the morning. She is the happiest morning person! Buying a new outfit at Lane Bryant. Sleeping under a heavy down comforter in a dark, cold room. Seeing my girls do the things that we have taught them to do. Seeing my family (brothers, their families, etc.) live in the heritage that my parents created for us.

5 favorite toys – ummm, it's green..., My computer, my cell phone, my dvd player... do boy toys count? lolol

Am I done now? Now it's YOUR TURN!

1 comment:

mom23 said...

I'm with you on the Camo thing. I've never worn it, and never will. I know 'never say never' but this is a never that I will never ever break.