9/26/2005

Adoption Day

Sept 25, 2005
In the courtroom (Sara and jin had NO IDEA what was going on)
Wow - it is finally here - - the rest of our lives... together!
Today we finally finished our adoption. It was an awesome moment when we stood before the judge and he sealed our future. I took a deep breath, exhaled and begin to breathe lighter air that was sweeter than ever before. No more rocks in my stomach. No more visits to the DHS building and courtroom. Today was filled with many tears from my family - but none were mine. I was too giddy. No, I just smiled and smiled. All I could think about was what was next... LIFE - - normal life. Normal family with normal situations.
People do not realize what a precious thing it is to have that normalcy. But now it is MINE... ALLLLLLLL MINE! Monty and I are so happy and relieved. LIFE IS GOOD AND GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY. My only wish was that my Mom could have been there to see it - but my faith tells me that she was...
In celebration of this day - a few pictures of the Ketch family 6:
Monty and Joy, Rikki Joy Lynn, Amber Audrey, Sara Faith and Jinnifer Janna Kathleen Ketch

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

Your mom probably was there, watching proudly. Congratulations on the new beginnings!