9/28/2005

"Working on the Marriage"



We rented The Wedding Guest. It's an OK movie, but there was a really good line that was toward the end of the movie. This guy Nick (the wedding guest) is talking to the groom who is having second thought about marrying his bride because she divulged her affair with his best friend just moments before they were to walk down the isle. He said:
"If you know her Sh*# and she knows yours and at the end of the day you'd rather give up than try, then nothing is ever going to be worth it".

Isn't that the truth though? I mean, that is what marriage is all about. Is it worth it? Some days I might say no, (lol), but it is important and totally worth trying for. I am thankful that I have a forgiving husband and that I am just as forgiving. He knows aaaaall my sh*# and I know his.

Good movie. Good point.

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

Great words to remember. Maybe I should have watched this movie when I was married :)