8/08/2006

To work or not to work... that is the question

I have been mulling this very question over in my head the last 2 weeks. A lot of you have been wondering and asking where in the heck I have been this summer... well, I went and got a "part-time" job for extra moolah and let my teenagers babysit for met his summer - - a job that I was only supposed to be working 20 hours a week on and I have been clocking 28-30 hours instead.

But here is my delimma --

School starts next week (thank the GODS of education) and Sara starts her first years of all day school which leaves Jinny Wren being the only child home and me looking for a babysitter that doesnt charge my freaking hourly wage. I found a place that only charges $4 an hour -- but literally thats almost haf of my hourly wage at this measly job.

I really dont want to quit. I love having the extra money, and having adults to hang around with again, but is does not seem feesable for me to go to allllll that trouble for 4 hours a day.

Grrrrrrrr.

I feel like such the jerk too because I know there are parents that HAVE to workand would love to even consider the option of staying home.

I think I may have made a mistake in going to work this summer too because my teenagers took it apon themselves to become the Hitler's of this house to my younger kids. And my daughter Amber? If there was a rule set into place, she made it her goal in life to break it every which way to Sunday. Seriously. My teenagers think they rule this roost.

I guess I am in a funk tonight... and I have to go to work in the morning so I cant have a beer (or three) to chill out --

Sex is not an option tonight either...

Bummer.


On a lighter note, I promise to be diligent in blogging more... Ive missed you guys too.

2 comments:

mom23 said...

Look at you! Blogging! I've wondered what you've been up to!

Working/not working is such a hard decision. There really isn't an easy answer. You are very lucky that you only have to find childcare for 1 child, too. So what are you doing???

NeverEnough said...

That's good to hear. I've really missed you Joy!