6/04/2006

Awesome feeling

There is nothing that can make a Mom feel better than having their 13 year old wrap their arms around your neck and say to you what my 13 year old said to me today...

"Momma, you are the best thing that ever happened to me..."

Make ya cry.

I have the greatest teenagers. And I am still the coolest chickadee to them. Still.

This weekend, my 14 year old got a phone call from a guy friend, asking her if she wanted to go hang out at their youth ministers house. Instead of going out with her friends she wanted to hang with her Dad and I - and go to the movies. I know eventually she will pick the friends, but it felt so good... ya know? We had the BEST time with the teenagers. (Our younger two were spending the night with the grandparents and thinking they were the lukiest because they got to take baths in their ginormous jacuzzi tub)We sat and a resturant and talked for almost 3 hours and then went to the movies. We came home really late and crashed and it was just an awesome night.

Ask me tomorrow and I might change my mind, but today - - the teenagers a great.

4 comments:

Tina said...

I hope my son is half as cool as yours when he is a teenager....

BlondeBlogger said...

Awww....that's so sweet!

My 16-year-old is at the "friends come first" stage of her life, which I guess is normal considering she'll be an adult in a year and a half (oh my gosh that makes me cringe!)

Murph said...

I have a pre-teen, and I'm just waiting for her to decide that her friends are far smarter than me. Probably won't be long.

Witness said...

I too can't explain the goodness that comes from kids. Check out my latest post at leakingmindjuice.blogspot.com