11/30/2005

Defeat the Dragon

I read the coolest quote in the Gazette this week. It made me realize how true it was for children and adults alike... I've had a rollercoaster week so far and its only Wednesday. Ive got several dragons to slay before the end of this week...

"Fairy Tales do not tell children that the dragon exist. They already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that the dragons can be defeated"
- G.K. Chesterton

Isn't that so true? As children, we see the dragon being defeated in every fairytale we read. In our minds, our Daddy could slay the dragon with one slash of a sword. I hope that all of you had Daddys that made you feel that safe - - that protected.
Then we grow up. We begin to start seeing dragons pop up into our view left and right. Dragons like broken down cars, bosses who are jerks, nasty Chrsitmas shoppers, grouchy family members, past-due bills - - insert your dragon here ______________________.

I don't know how you were raised, but I was raised to defeat the dragon! Slay it - - leave the carcass behind you and move on. I know, I know - - sometimes the dragon wins, but if that is the case, you gotta go down fighting! I am so thankful my parents raised me to believe in that way - -

The dragons CAN be defeated.

1 comment:

NeverEnough said...

You always inspire me to keep fighting that dragon! We need to go out for drinks!!